My Chinese Mother

A place to record the wonderfully funny things my Chinese Mother says and does, so I will always remember them...

Thursday, November 1, 2012

I Love My Chinese Mother!

After years of posting my Chinese Mother's funny quips on my Facebook wall, I have been convinced to record them in a more detailed way....although not the "My Chinese Mom" book that I've been requested to write, it IS a way for me to remember and share the things my mom says and does that have made me laugh, smile and remember her for my entire life.

My mom called me the other day, asking for help with her upcoming trip to California to visit her sisters.  She tells me, "I can check in on the line", which means someone told her she could check in on the Internet ("online") and she wants me to do it for her.


Me:  "Sure!  I just need your confirmation number so I can look up your reservation."


My Mom:  (After several minutes of hearing papers shuffling around) "Ok, here!  C...O.....F....M... um...I can't read..... T...."


Me:  "Mom, you are spelling "confirmation".... (well, she was TRYING to spell "confirmation")  :)


My Mom:  "OH!  I was wondering what kind of number this is?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment