My Chinese Mother

A place to record the wonderfully funny things my Chinese Mother says and does, so I will always remember them...

Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Gay Community

My Mom's two sisters came to visit us last summer.  My Aunt Esther (in the middle) and her husband (Uncle Doug) live in California and had just moved to a new house that was closer to my cousin, Larry, and his family so they could spend more time with their three grandchildren.  

Aunt Esther took us out to dinner and told us all about her new house.



Aunt Esther: "Larry convinced us move closer to him, so now we live in a gay community"
Aunt Betty:  "GAY?"
Me: "It's a gay community?  How do you know?  I thought you lived in Brentwood?"
Aunt Esther: "I do. But my community is surround by the gays. And we have a pool and clubhouse...."
Me: ......"GATED community?...."



1 comment: